Thursday, September 2, 2010

Design: Why I'm Interest in Becoming a Graphic Designer

       Everyone has felt that, at some point in their life, they aren't doing what they feel they should.  For me, that was the first 18 years of my life.  I did poorly in high school, wasted a year after, and was headed no where.  My last year of high school, I discovered something I loved.  The moment I stepped into our Career Center's AutoCAD class, things felt different. 
       For starters, the teacher told us how to do things and, rather than spending a few days in review, expected us to do it.  We were to learn by doing, not by tests and reviews.  I excelled in that class.  I began messing around with a 3D animation program (packaged with AutoCAD) and asked the teacher about it.  He knew nothing about it, so I started teaching myself. 
      After graduation (which I barely did) I wasted a year.  My grandma was dating and brought a man with her on her yearly visit to Michigan.  He was impressed by my intelligence, saw me wasting my talents, and decided to pay for my college.  And here I am.  Auto CAD introduced me to digital creativity, and I decided my direction from there.
      I will continue my education, working back to 3D animation after graduating in Design and Multimedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment