Monday, October 18, 2010

Dreamweaver: How it should be.

Dreamweaver, as a web-design program, is great.  Plenty of useful tools, intuitive, and focused.  It will do anything you tell it to.  Which is why I feel that, by now, it should be outdated.  For example, why should I have to type codes for what are very simple things?  It is like a text based Photoshop.  Would it be that hard to make a program that is as simple as drag and drop?  I can understand most of it, and can even agree with it.  Yes, it gives a lot of control.  But most of it could be made simpler for the user.

My art teacher showed me a very interesting program in High School, on for giving presentations.  You put what u wanted where u wanted, then drew a motion path.  It could rotates and move and had lots of options, and was really as simple as drag and drop.  Something like that would be great for designing a website.  Give me freedom to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment